Please take a moment to read this post first, i.e. "A Different Perspective," before diving into this blog. Your comments, suggestions and participation are greatly appreciated.

Please take a look at Notable Quotes, enjoy.

Please take a look at the bibliography if you do not see a proper reference to a post.

Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.


Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.


“All I say is by way of discourse, and nothing by way of advice. I should not speak so boldly if it were my due to be believed.” - Montaigne

Hey, Attention on Deck!

Hey, NOTHING here is PERSONAL, get over it - Teach Me and I will Learn!


Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2016

Questions, questions and more questions …

Blog Article/Post Caveat (Read First Please: Click the Link)

Yes, I realize the questions below from the Shinseidokan Dojo blog are more or less meant to convey a point rather than being answered, at least in the direct way my article is going to go - ;-) (He is waxing philosophic, maybe :-) )

What is it about you.....
That makes you believe you're on the right path?

My Response: Difficult right out the gate! In the beginning I looked to those I respected to mirror them and to receive guidance from them and as I progressed from within I developed a sixth sense like perceptive nature that allowed me to see both the external world as well as my internal world so that I could compare, theorize, test and change, if necessary, to build a greater depth and breadth of my “self” as a karate-ka and martial artist. I also learned to rely on the kind input from others but to depend solely on my inner self to determine my path for me and me alone. 

That allows you to express opposing opinions with no sense of irony?

My Response: I don’t think I do express any type of opinion without some sense of irony in that I experienced the same things in my early years as I do now but with a bit more enlightened perceptive attentive focus toward my inner self. 

That accommodates asinine behavior because your teacher is "special"?

My Response: Ahh, in the beginning I put my teacher up pretty high and I then assigned him the label of “Human” as I gained some insight to my own training and practice. There are no special people, just practitioners who are taking the same or similar journey. 

That excuses your own behavior while remaining intolerant of others? 

My Response: I hope my egoistic prideful levels of confidence have been tempered by the time and distance I have traveled. I hope I am a tolerant person regardless of whether in the dojo or out on the street and especially at home with family, friends and tribal members. 


How come you can.....
Say one thing and do another?

My Response: But, in my defense, sooner rather than later, I noticed the disparity involved and work diligently to close the chasm such stupidity opens. 

Be a physical wreck and expect others to look after their body?

My Response: I do as I say and I say as I do - at least as best as humanly possible with the sometimes monkey antics of my brain. I at least work to see that and work diligently to put the monkey is a submissive state behind bars and with a healthy and heavy set of chains. 

Be mentally unstable yet profess to live a balanced life?

My Response: Mental stability is an oxymoron, our brains and minds and mind-states and mind-matrixes are constantly on the change morphing into new things but the goal here is to recognize the truth of this and keep a focused perceptive attentive focus on that and learn from it. 

See what's wrong with everyone except you and your friends?

My Response: I see the wrong in me, not always first but sooner or later. I work diligently to recognize the right and good then hint at any perceived wrong or bad. I use the “true, kind and necessary, rule before I speak or at least I try. 


Do you really think it's possible to....
Fix the world?

My Response: No, but influence the possibility of change and improvement, yes. 

Fix the world for others?

My Response: No, we all have to fix ourselves because others have no way to know us or our needs, wants and desires in life so when we take responsibility for ourselves completely and utterly then we can see the wrong of the world as it pertains to our inner world so when the outer world bangs us up side the head we know in repercussions, bad or good, are from us and our perceptions and our reactions to that world. It ain’t no one else’s responsibility. 

Fix your own world?

My Response: Yes, emphatically yes with a focused attentive perceptive discipline with appropriate due diligence. 

Why are you.....
Comfortable lying to yourself?

My Response: All humans lie to themselves dependent on certain unique perceptive things but we do have the potential to begin to recognize the lies and discover the truths and through trial and error validate them toward a better self. 

Living a fantasy?

My Response: There is nothing wrong with the fantasy as long as you recognize it for what it is. 

Are you.....
Really living the dream, or just dreaming of what it is to be alive?

My Response: I have been and will continue to live the dream, the dream for me is simple and unassuming with no expectations beyond those I set for myself. 

Bibliography (Click the link)


No comments: