Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.
Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.
“All I say is by way of discourse, and nothing by way of advice. I should not speak so boldly if it were my due to be believed.” - Montaigne
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Monday, March 27, 2017
Friday, March 24, 2017
- Survival Analysis, a statistical technique to analyze longevity.
- Survival rate, the percentage of people who are alive for a given period of time.
- Survival skills, safety techniques used in dangerous situations.
- Survival companies, organizations, bands, literature, etc.
- Walking across the street without getting hit by a car.
- Seeking a job that will pay enough wages to live, i.e., eat, have shelter, etc.
- Developing character and personality skills to get along with others especially in our group, tribe, clan, family, etc.
- Developing coping skills to live safely and securely.
- Eating, exercising and developing an attitude that gets along with others.
- Gaining knowledge and understanding of survival especially as it is regard to conflict and violence - at all levels.
- Conflict and violence from a discussion of a difference of opinion.
- Conflict and violence from a heated discussion that may escalate into an angry exchange with loud voices up to shouting and posturing to demonstrate one’s commitment to the subject.
- Conflict and violence where one used physical forces to communicate through damage and harm their commitment to some subject, etc.
- Going to the store to purchase food, i.e., a form of hunter and gatherer where gatherer dominates by the act of shopping, etc.
- Performing or engaging in activities that mimic or symbolize acts our species uses as primal reflexes toward a base survival.
- etc. etc. etc.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- A strong foundation in fundamental principles with a bit more emphasis on physiokinetics.
- A strong foundation on knowing, understanding and applying principles based multiple methodologies and appropriate force levels.
- A strong foundation of a system rather than a goal oriented technique based set of memorized applications.
- A strong foundation of a philosophy representative of a cultural belief system driven by the needs and conditions of the self, family and especially of a social entity.
- A strong foundation of understanding of concepts such as the OODA process including especially the, “Data-mining, analysis, hypothesis and synthesis toward your system.”
- A strong foundation of health, fitness, intestinal fortitude, honor, attitude and application of your system.
- A strong foundation of training, practices and applications of your system based on karate and martial arts, etc.
|Click to see larger view.|
Friday, March 10, 2017
- “A good teacher doesn't tell you what to think, but shows you how to think.”
- “It's about the student, not the instructor.”
- “Provide a minimal example and demonstrate it so you can start, then practitioners can go play.”
- “The ability of the instructor is irrelevant, the training and practice is all about increasing the ability of the student.”
- “At the instructor level, knowledge is insufficient. You need understanding.”
- “When instructors have just memorized technique, they don't have the tools to explain and are left with mere dogma. With understanding you can pass on the rules, and the exceptions, (Very little about right/wrong. Lots about better) to the students.”
- “There are lots of good teaching reasons to stay away from criticism.”
- “ … there is no appeal to authority.”
- “Extraordinary instructors are cool with not trying to force the statistical average onto the outliers.”
- “Just as there is a natural movement for a human body, there is also a natural learning. Humans, like all animals, learn best through play (even better is when humans play in groups). … playing, ideally in the real environment, is what locks in a skill.”
- “ … some of the things closest to our evolutionary path are complex problems that require simple solutions. Play is the way we cut that Gordion knot.”