Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.
Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.
“All I say is by way of discourse, and nothing by way of advice. I should not speak so boldly if it were my due to be believed.” - Montaigne
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Monday, June 27, 2016
Friday, June 24, 2016
- Those disembarking from the train or elevator or store should be allowed to exit first before you enter when reaching the door at the same time.
- Those walking should pass one another to the right.
- Those talking while walking should be aware of foot traffic and make appropriate adjustments to accommodate passage, etc.
- Those taking stairs should stay to the far right to allow free flow up and down.
- Things like saying, “Pardon me,” when bumping into one another in crowds.
- Things like hold the door for a person behind him or her when entering a building
- Things like that alcohol consumption in public will be in moderation.
- Things like one's nose in public is not an acceptable behavior.
- Things like using the phrase "thank you" is expected when someone has provided a service.
- It is expected that one would hold the door for a person behind him or her when entering a building.
- Normal dress for women at work excludes clothes that are highly revealing.
- It is not considered acceptable for a woman to be highly sexually promiscuous.
- It is expected that one will be on time for work the majority of the time.
- It is expected that alcohol consumption in public will be in moderation.
- Stealing is considered unacceptable under any circumstance.
- Adults are expected to work in order to support themselves.
- Nudity in public is not acceptable in most areas.
- Picking one's nose in public is not an acceptable behavior.
- Farting in public is not an acceptable behavior.
- People are expected to be honest.
- Respect for other people's property is important.
- If a promise is made, it is expected it will be kept.
- Chewing with one's mouth closed is expected.
- Using the phrase "thank you" is expected when someone has provided a service.
- Quick repayment of debt to another individual is an expected behavior.
- Remaining loyal to one's spouse is an expected behavior.
- Rising for the national anthem is an expected behavior.
- Sending a thank you note to someone who has given a present is expected.
- Providing adequate housing and food for oneself and one's family is expected.
- Shorts should not be worn in a professional work atmosphere.
- When dressing for a job interview in an office, men should wear a suit and tie.
- If something is knocked over in a store, the person who did so will clean up after himself.
- Belching at the dinner table is not an acceptable behavior.
- Cursing in polite conversation is not acceptable.
- Rudeness to service staff is not societally acceptable.
- Going to work or school barefoot is not socially acceptable.
- Being kind to animals is socially expected.
- Slurping one's food is not acceptable in the U.S.
- Ignoring someone when they are speaking is not acceptable.
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Monday, June 13, 2016
- To survive, survive on own terms, or improve our capacity for independent action. The competition for limited resources to satisfy these desires may force one to:
- Diminish adversary’s capacity for independent action, or deny him the opportunity to survive on his own terms, or make it impossible for him to survive at all.
- it may be advantageous to possess a variety of responses that can be applied rapidly to gain sustenance, avoid danger and diminish an adversary’s capacity for independent action.
- Organisms must also cooperate and harmonize their activities in their endeavors to survive as an organic synthesis.
- Furthermore to shape and adapt to change, one cannot be passive, but instead one must take the initiative.
- Thus variety, rapidity, harmony and initiative seem to be the key qualities that permit one to shape and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Friday, June 10, 2016
|Click for larger view|