- Is it for the sport intent?
- Is if for the educational intent?
- Is it for the philosophical intent?
- Is it for the fighting intent?
- Is it for the self-defense intent?
Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.
Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.
“All I say is by way of discourse, and nothing by way of advice. I should not speak so boldly if it were my due to be believed.” - Montaigne
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Monday, June 5, 2017
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Thursday, May 25, 2017
- A moral compass.
- Social coping skills - basic.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Visual Intelligence.
- Logical Intelligence.
- Common sense.
- Rational Intelligence.
- People Skills.
- Balance in mind, body and spirit.
- Character and Personality, not mutually exclusive but mutually supportive, etc.
- Social Intelligence.
- Positive Attitude.
- etc., etc., etc.!
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Gain your audiences trust (be it many or just one).
- Don’t Refute, Reframe and present references to support your views.
- Refuting stories that deny martial beliefs by addressing each claim and explaining why it’s wrong is not that productive.
- Don’t just keep explaining why your view, theory, idea or belief is true and real - explain how your view, theory, idea or belief will harm and adversely effect practice, training and the practitioner. Communication that appeals to values, not just intellect, research shows, can be far more effective.
- Explanations lead to curiosity and curiosity leads to study and study leads to connecting to others and conneting to others lead to communication and communication comes through cooperation and cooperation leads to evolving, growing and understanding of self, others and society.
- What is communicative competence?
- Communicative competence is a term in linguistics which refers to a language user's grammatical knowledge of syntax, morphology, phonology and the like, as well as social knowledge about how and when to use utterances appropriately.
- What is syntax?
- the arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language.
- What is morphology?
- the study of the forms of words.
- The study and description of how words are formed in language.
- What is phonology?
- the system of relationships among the speech sounds that constitute the fundamental components of a language; the branch of linguistics that deals with systems of sounds (including or excluding phonetics), especially in a particular language.
- What is social knowledge?
- The collective body of knowledge produced by your community or social circle is what is known as social knowledge. In a social or cultural context, social knowledge can be the collective knowledge base of small groups, like a family, or it can be a massive and constantly evolving body of knowledge, like Wikipedia.
- What are compositional techniques?
- In the visual arts, composition is the placement or arrangement of visual elements or ingredients in a work of art, as distinct from the subject.
- Techniques and principles in composition? The placement, arrangement and proper collective creation of words to properly and accurately convey a meaning from one source to another.
- The act of combining parts or elements to form a whole; manner of being composed; structure; the act or process of producing a literary work.
|This article and my thoughts, theories, ideas, etc.,|
have nothing to do with this book and I HIGHLY
RECOMMEND IT if you teach or work in a
profession that deals with conflicts and violence, etc.
Monday, April 17, 2017
- It holds a position of great importance as some physical signature (what does physical signature even mean?) of the ken-po goku-i or any other goku-i provided by Sensei?
- I cannot see how this proverbial rule of thumb is distinct as to any characteristic of Isshinryu except that its position seems unique in regard to other systems or styles who form the fist in other ways. Matter of fact, every fist formation has a purpose so they are all relevant but it may just be that Isshinryu practitioners are seeking out some unique thing that puts them and the system in a higher status but in the end, who knows?
- How can understanding the thumb on top of the fist unlock or lock any fundamental Principle of Tatsuo-san’s teachings, i.e., what is unlocked and what is locked and what does that even mean and what principles because there are a plethora of principles in karate and martial arts that are and are not the first principles of physiokinetics, technique, philosophy, theory, self-defense and chemical adrenal stuff?
- Principles are what drive the fists and feet regardless of formation and applications, they are not dictated by any one physical physiokinetic sub-principle.
- The fist and thumb alone or even coupled with other structural principle based connection provides any holistic and/or wholehearted teachings conveyed by Tatsuo-san at least according to the research on those five luminaries of Isshinryu who brought it to the United States.
- The fist and any formation regardless is just one single entity of a huge collection of principled based multiple methodologies used in karate and martial arts so it eludes me as to how this one trait can be such a huge contribution to the overall teachings of any one Sensei or his system, style or teachings.