Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.
Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.
“All I say is by way of discourse, and nothing by way of advice. I should not speak so boldly if it were my due to be believed.” - Montaigne
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Monday, July 3, 2017
Thursday, June 29, 2017
Sunday, June 25, 2017
- A strong foundation in fundamental principles with a bit more emphasis on physiokinetic’s.
- A strong foundation on knowing, understanding and applying principles based multiple methodologies and appropriate force levels.
- A strong foundation of a system rather than a goal oriented technique based set of memorized applications.
- A strong foundation of a philosophy representative of a cultural belief system driven by the needs and conditions of the self, family and especially of a social entity.
- A strong foundation of understanding of concepts such as the OODA process including especially the, “Data-mining, analysis, hypothesis and synthesis toward your system.”
- A strong foundation of health, fitness, intestinal fortitude, honor, attitude and application of your system.
- A strong foundation of training, practices and applications of your system based on karate and martial arts, etc.
- A strong foundation of understanding of self-defense, defenses.
- A strong foundation of understanding of articulation of defenses in self-defense.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
- Is it for the sport intent?
- Is if for the educational intent?
- Is it for the philosophical intent?
- Is it for the fighting intent?
- Is it for the self-defense intent?
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Monday, June 5, 2017
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Thursday, May 25, 2017
- A moral compass.
- Social coping skills - basic.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Visual Intelligence.
- Logical Intelligence.
- Common sense.
- Rational Intelligence.
- People Skills.
- Balance in mind, body and spirit.
- Character and Personality, not mutually exclusive but mutually supportive, etc.
- Social Intelligence.
- Positive Attitude.
- etc., etc., etc.!
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Gain your audiences trust (be it many or just one).
- Don’t Refute, Reframe and present references to support your views.
- Refuting stories that deny martial beliefs by addressing each claim and explaining why it’s wrong is not that productive.
- Don’t just keep explaining why your view, theory, idea or belief is true and real - explain how your view, theory, idea or belief will harm and adversely effect practice, training and the practitioner. Communication that appeals to values, not just intellect, research shows, can be far more effective.
- Explanations lead to curiosity and curiosity leads to study and study leads to connecting to others and conneting to others lead to communication and communication comes through cooperation and cooperation leads to evolving, growing and understanding of self, others and society.
- What is communicative competence?
- Communicative competence is a term in linguistics which refers to a language user's grammatical knowledge of syntax, morphology, phonology and the like, as well as social knowledge about how and when to use utterances appropriately.
- What is syntax?
- the arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language.
- What is morphology?
- the study of the forms of words.
- The study and description of how words are formed in language.
- What is phonology?
- the system of relationships among the speech sounds that constitute the fundamental components of a language; the branch of linguistics that deals with systems of sounds (including or excluding phonetics), especially in a particular language.
- What is social knowledge?
- The collective body of knowledge produced by your community or social circle is what is known as social knowledge. In a social or cultural context, social knowledge can be the collective knowledge base of small groups, like a family, or it can be a massive and constantly evolving body of knowledge, like Wikipedia.
- What are compositional techniques?
- In the visual arts, composition is the placement or arrangement of visual elements or ingredients in a work of art, as distinct from the subject.
- Techniques and principles in composition? The placement, arrangement and proper collective creation of words to properly and accurately convey a meaning from one source to another.
- The act of combining parts or elements to form a whole; manner of being composed; structure; the act or process of producing a literary work.
|This article and my thoughts, theories, ideas, etc.,|
have nothing to do with this book and I HIGHLY
RECOMMEND IT if you teach or work in a
profession that deals with conflicts and violence, etc.