Please take a moment to read this post first, i.e. "A Different Perspective," before diving into this blog. Your comments, suggestions and participation are greatly appreciated.

Please take a look at Notable Quotes, enjoy.

Please take a look at the bibliography if you do not see a proper reference to a post.

Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.


Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.


“All I say is by way of discourse, and nothing by way of advice. I should not speak so boldly if it were my due to be believed.” - Montaigne

Hey, Attention on Deck!

Hey, NOTHING here is PERSONAL, get over it - Teach Me and I will Learn!


Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Thinking Differently

This is what I am about when I post these days, an attempt to get myself to think differently. I also hope that I can get others, those who just might read my stuff, to think differently. 

All to often I tend to get into a rut and think a certain way. After all, I had specific thoughts as to my martial arts. I was just plain lucky that it never had to be discovered in real-time that a lot of what I taught, was taught and trained was not exactly right. Not wrong but not exactly right either. I feel strongly that this applies a lot when it comes to self-defense.

Now, how can one train to think differently? Start off by seeking out others who think differently and will provide mind shifts to what you know, what you think you know and to introduce you to things you don’t know - that is what has been happening in recent years through the below bibliography. 

I wanted to make sure my martial arts and my concept, thoughts and idea’s on self-defense were more accurate. I discovered quickly that what I thought I knew, I didn’t know. If I am exposed to violence and am forced to take action at least I have a better chance over just applying some karate killer self-defense techniques and combinations that would have lead to legal and other ramifications to actually apply some kind of legal and justified force for self-defense. 

For me, today, the best part of my studies came to be the art of avoidance. Understanding the trials and tribulations of the self-defense world I am glad that I can, at least, recognize things that were never taught nor ever apparent when studying, practicing and training martial arts self-defense. 

It is about mind-set/mind-state and that means “thinking differently.” Not making assumptions without first validating in some form. Thinking differently then means “active listening, reading and viewing” with an open mind that will allow for change, for understanding and to allow flexibility in all I say, hear and do - with emphasis on doing. 


THINK DIFFERENTLY!

No comments: