Please take a moment to read this post first, i.e. "A Different Perspective," before diving into this blog. Your comments, suggestions and participation are greatly appreciated.

Please take a look at Notable Quotes, enjoy.

Please take a look at the bibliography if you do not see a proper reference to a post.

Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.


Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.


“All I say is by way of discourse, and nothing by way of advice. I should not speak so boldly if it were my due to be believed.” - Montaigne

Hey, Attention on Deck!

Hey, NOTHING here is PERSONAL, get over it - Teach Me and I will Learn!


Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

bodyslammed by the cops - Marc MacYoung

Why this behavior will not only get you arrested, but bodyslammed by the cops


Hints (Rules) Regarding Police (the following is not an article by Marc MacYoung, its all me)

Blog Article/Post Caveat (Read First Please: Click the Link)

I was raised in a time and a society that taught us to respect authority. Authority in my time were the police and the military and all they consisted of and represented. In my sixty some odd years of living whenever I dealt with the police I automatically, call it a socially conditioned response, gave respect through my demeanor, i.e., I was respectful in my actions, I was respectful in my words and I not only listened to what he or she had to say but if they asked me to do something, I did it - regardless. Now, regardless means to my mind that I did what was asked regardless of how it made me feel; regardless of what I thought my rights were and whether I felt the process was doing to those perceived rights; regardless of whether the police’s words, actions or deeds seemed right or wrong to me. I know and knew that if there were such a problem I could redress those later through proper channels - regardless.

I know, from experience, that my ability to walk away without any muss or fuss with the authorities it was due in no small part to the way I act and acted with those same authority figures. An example, I was arrested and I was very polite with the officer and as a result he didn’t throw my in a cell. He let me remain in the lobby with the desk sergeant, call my boss who had my pay check (in cash) and wait there until my boss arrived to pay me so I could pay the bail. He could have put me in jail and I could have spent the entire weekend there waiting to see a judge and so on but I suspect bcause he had to and because I was polite and compliant to his instructions he still had to take me in but because he had a choice I spent that time well and paid the bill to go home. Seemed like a win-win to me except I really hated to have to pay out that money - arghhh, but if I had not broken the rules that would have been party money for that weekend.

Here is the rub, with very, very, very few exceptions, if you end up on the bad side of law enforcement I can guarantee that you will be there because of - wait for it …. YOU! It is your responsibility to know and understand the rules of society and it is best you also take the time to learn how the legal and laws processes work especially as it regards the first responders - the POLICE!

In Marc MacYoung’s article on this very subject, “Why this behavior will not only get you arrested, but bodyslammed by the cops,” he provides the reader with a lot of data/information that, if you listen and learn, will almost always help you deal with the authorities, the police, as long as you have not already done something that requires they arrest you. You still have a chance to walk away and if you follow the rules regarding police your chances are pretty darn good.

Oh, and yes, now that you read his article, it is a lot more complicated and it takes a lot more than an article or a list like below to know, understand and utilize what is needed when dealing with the legal system and those first responders - POLICE - and with that I lead you to Marc MacYoung’s book, “In the Name of Self-Defense.” He teaches a wider and deeper way to understand these things before you have to deal with them under stress and adrenaline - can you say, “Monkey Brain Antics?” NEXT … (Note: the reason I add my list of rules is because humans tend to glaze over in the eyes when confronted by long detailed articles - yes, this one is long too, so having some shorter terse way to get thier attention seems appropriate and we all only hope it inspires them to read the longer version, yeah inspiration!)

In the movie, “The Lost Boys,” their Grandpa says, “there are ruuulllees!” Well, folks, if you wish to have a successful and beneficial encounter with law enforcement, Police, you have to abide by rules, there are ruleeessss when encountering police! What are those rules?

Rule 1: Be polite and when you feel like you need to talk, be POLITE.
Rule 2: Comply with ALL instructions from the Police without question and without resistance, passive and non-passive.
Rule 3: Remember, your behavior both spoken and physical, will go a long way toward a successful encounter with police. See rule one and two.
Rule 4: Do NOT FAIL the personality test of Police, see rule 3.
Rule 5: Learn and understand the legal and justified under use of force policies of legal authorities such and especially as police. 
Rule 6: Learn, know and understand the concept of resistance and that there are different levels of resistance. That resistance is a pattern that legally allows increased levels of force - learn about them then see rule 3.
Rule 7: Do not resist the police, not passively and especially not actively. You can talk but do so while complying and NOT resisting. Read rule 3.
Rule 8: When you are asked to do something, comply.
Rule 9: When the officer then TELLS you to do something, realize you made a mistake and read rule 8. 
Rule 10: When the officer then ORDERS you to do something, realize you are in deep doodoo and read rule 9 and 8. 
Rule 11: When the officer then tells you that you are UNDER ARREST, shut the f*&^ up, comply with no resistance and let your lawyer do all the work from that point on - too late, you screwed the pooch and resistance of any kind will just pile on the problems you and your lawyer will have to deal with later. 
Rule 12: Remember your RIGHTS:
  • You DO NOT have the RIGHT to DISOBEY a lawful order by POLICE! (Note: it is not up to you to determine lawful/legal as to his duties, that is for lawyers/professionals)
  • You DO NOT have the RIGHT to RESIST ARREST by POLICE!
  • You DO NOT have the RIGHT to resist and/or participate in civil DISOBEDIENCE!
  • You DO HAVE THE RIGHT to experience HANDS-ON by Police when you engage in non-compliance active or passive actions!!! (Note: don’t allow yourself, or you alligator mouth, to go past the TELL of the Police ASK-TELL-ORDER process)
Rule 13: If more police show up; read Rule 3 again!!! More police means you and your friends failed the personality test and failed all the rules, so buckle up and ready for the ride - it’s arrest time in the old corral of justice. 
Rule 14: Remember, Police are Professionals and - YOU ARE NOT!
Rule 15: READ the following article by Marc MacYoung. I am not kidding, you can actually learn something that will keep you out of the Police encounter and guess what, it can be done long before the first responders HAVE to respond to you and your location!!! Think, count to ten and then follow the rules.

Bibliography (Click the link)


No comments: